Giuseppe Castellano is an award-winning art director, illustrator, and designer. With over 18 years of publishing experience—most years as an art director at Penguin Random House and Simon and Schuster—he has worked with every kind of illustrator on every kind of children’s book.
Giuseppe earned a BFA in Illustration from the Rhode Island School of Design, and an MFA in Illustration from The Fashion Institute of Technology. As an illustrator and designer, he is well-versed in myriad traditional and digital media.
He is also the founder of The Illustration Department—an online school for illustrators. You can learn more about his school, read testimonials, and view the alumni showcase by visiting illustrationdept.com.
Giuseppe has been a guest speaker, critic, and teacher at schools including:
- Art Center College of Design
- Brigham Young University
- Falmouth University
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Northern Michigan University
- Pratt Institute
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Ringling College of Art and Design
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- School of Visual Arts
- Syracuse University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- University of Hartford